Friday, February 18, 2011

List of Things 2Do

I'm not going to lie, this has been a very hard week for me. And it really just keeps getting worse.. Just about everything that can go wrong has.
But God has been faithful. He keeps giving me little gifts to show me He still loves me, and that He is the same no matter how my life changes. Between the beautiful full moon and the sweet little friend I met yesterday, He continues to encourage me. He is my King of Glory, and He will give me grace and strength to do what I need to do. And there is so much I must do. Things for basic survival like doing what my parents ask and keeping up with chores, as well as the ever growing list of things I think I need to do and would like to do.
My parents continue to surprise me with what they "encourage" me to do. For example, Daddy has been pushing for me to go to Verity next fall for two years of college. I was rather surprised because I always thought Daddy didn't want me going off away from home.Which was why I was so surprised when he seemed to encourage my idea of traveling to England soon. That is possibly the biggest item on my list of things I need to do. I hope to travel a lot next year. I think it would be a good idea. I would like some new scenery.. I don't want to be away too much though. I would hate to miss my baby sibling growing up.
The other things I need to do are basically the same things I have been needing to do for awhile.
I need to learn French
I want to learn how to draw
I need to get a passport (Quickly.)
I want dance lessons
I need to get better at sewing
I need to use my scholarship for a culinary course at our local "Christian" college
I need to gut my closet and my room so I don't have as much stuff holding me back
I want to paint my room sapphire blue.

The most important thing I need to do this year is grow closer to my Lord. He has been and will continue to be my strength to do what I need to do. He will be what gets me through these next few extremely "interesting" years.  And they will be interesting..
But I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. He will be my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment