Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Life as a Half Eaten Pet-Sitter.

So, yes, I am a pet-sitter.
Who isn't? 
Apparently I'm also a plant-sitter as of this Friday. 
I've had some pretty crazy adventures while sitting.. 
Like the time someone put a gun on the front porch
 THE ONE TIME
 I decide to go alone at night.. 
And we won't even mention the skeleton... 
But I must say this week has been my most dangerous, painful, and overall-y mehvelous week so far...

It started out normal enough.. 
I decided to take Nicky with me.. We'd check on Cat at one client's house, and walk a mile to my next client's.. 
What I wasn't expecting to see was the smoke pouring out of Cat's house, and the strange (and very BIG) man sitting on the front porch grinning at me. 
Raised in Dallas and rather wary of  strangers, I left Nicky in the road and told him to get help if I looked like I needed it. 
Me: "Um..... Hi, there!" 
Him: "Hey!" 
Me:  "Uuum...." *Looks at the smoke* "Hey, yeah.. Are they home?"
Him: *Nodz* "Well, the mister and his daughter and I are."
Me: *nodz* "Can I speak to the mister?"
And then he called Cat's owner and all was ok. 
Much to the chivalrous little Nicky's  disappointment. 
He was quite ready to rescue me. 
After that we had an uneventful walk. Him riding his bike,  me listening to an audiobook. (I felt so cool in my hot pink earbuds..) 
We got to Annie the cat & Lucy the dog's house.. 
And that's when I noticed we had brought Jed, our big black lab, with us. 
-_-
As he and Annie would not get along, I asked Nicky to stay with Jed while I grabbed the cat..
*Too late*
Jed and Annie were already glaring at each other. 
I... Decided to grab the cat anyway... 
And that's when Jed went after her... 
And when she decided to climb my face...
Nicky finally got Jed and completely freaked out when he saw the blood pouring out of my ear and all over my face. 
I think I must have been in shock or something because I didn't freak..
I think I was more annoyed that I had dropped my audiobook right as the Ranger was telling his apprentice something fascinating and I was missing it. 
(And, as it belongs to the library, I couldn't touch it with blood all over me.)
Nicky, still yelling "ANNIE CUT OFF YOUR EAR! YOU DON'T HAVE AN EAR! THAT'S SO MUCH BLOOD! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! YOU'RE BLEEDING! THE CAT WENT THAT WAY!"
I still have an ear, by the way. Just a very torn up one. And somehow, (Praise the Lord) Annie only got the inside of my ear, so it's easy to hide. 
:-D
After getting the bleeding to stop for the most part, 
Nick and I went in and fed Fluffy the fish and Sonny the frog, as well as Annie and Lucy. 
And we finally left.. 
About halfway home I'm watching Jed run in front of me when I noticed something about his collar was off...
And then I realized it wasn't Jed. 
It was Lucy.
She had escaped! I couldn't believe it! 
Nicky and I chased that dog for an hour... Finally we caught her and I brought her home. Nicky and I walked back home, only to turn around and
"LUCY!!!!!!"
So I dropped Nicky off with Jed and walked the mile back to Lucy's. 
And as I was heading home again, 
I turn around and there she is!
She was quite pleased with herself.
Again I locked her in, and again she escaped. 
This time I turned to her and yelled
:WHY DO YOU HATE ME?? WHY?? 
WHY CAN'T YOU BE A NICE LITTLE GIRL AND STAY HOME??"
And.. That's when I noticed the man watering his flowers about 50yrds away. 
Talk about awkward. 
Finally Lucy gave up and stayed home, and I returned to my own house
alone at last..
Till Mom saw my ear.. And was very concerned about rabies and cat scratch fever and such. 
Nicky was still yelling because he was totally certain I'd be deaf in that ear now.. It was quite funny.
The night was over all quite exciting in a way and  I only regret missing that one part of my audiobook. 
(Yes, I'm a total booknerd, but that'll come in another blog post.)

These are some random pictures snapped during and after the adventures. 




Fluffy. 
The fish. 



This is my fairytale cottage. I walk past it everyday..
I've always dreamed of living there someday. 
I want to take more pictures, but I'll have to get the owner's permission first..



I did snap a quick pic of the fence in the back though! 



Bee mine?


I'm sorry. As a slightly short person I enjoyed looking really tall..
:-P


This dove kept posing until I finally got a clear shot of her.. And then followed me after that until I took more pictures! 



Daisies.. 
Gotta love 'em.


Roses & wishes.. 




So that was a lot longer than I had planned.. 
But oh, well. 
:-)



3 comments:

  1. Your poor ear!!! Well, be glad it wasn't David, cuz then you'd be missing half a face, instead of having a scratched ear. *shakes head*
    The things we do for animals...xD
    Great post btw, did u scratch the CD's tho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :-)
    It doesn't have CDs, actually.. It's like a mini MP3 player.. Quite awesome.

    ReplyDelete